Wednesday 27 April 2016

Neko Atsume - Gaming

My Tumblr feed has been inundated with pictures of cartoon cats lately, courtesy of some of the teens I follow; I decided to see what all the fuss was about.  I have to say that for such a simple game, Neko Atsume is decidedly addictive. I'm playing it on my iPad, but it's also available for android devices.

The point of the game is to attract stray cats to your backyard with food, toys, and places to snooze. Some cats will show up for an bowl of econo kibble, but others are finicky and won't visit unless you've got fresh sashimi and a silk pillow to recline on. Kitty visitors leave gifts of fish which you can use to buy more cat paraphernalia. If you can get a cat to visit you often enough, it may also leave you a memento. Alas, I have not succeeded in getting any mementos, so I cannot tell you what the mementos are.

You can also snap pictures of the cats who visit and add them to your albums and your catbook, where you keep track of who's visited you and what their favourite items are. You can also share your pictures on Twitter.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go see if I've had any kitty visitors since the last time I checked. 10 minutes ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment