Tuesday 22 November 2016

Art Club: Ugly Art

I started a new program this fall: Teen Art Club. We meet once a month to make art. Some months we experiment with different media, and some months we create something to be used in a library display.

For our first meeting, I went looking for something we could do that wouldn't let the teens stress over whether their art was as good as the others'. I came across the idea of ugly art here. Brilliant! I bought mini canvases from the dollar store, and we used acrylics, rhinestones, and a variety of random craft supplies from my cupboard to make the ugliest thing we could. Then we voted on the results.

Everyone had fun making their ugly art. Alas, one kid got upset and left when his painting wasn't voted the ugliest. I can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment